On this episode, I chat Olga Vidriales who is running for Brentwood City Council in District 3. We get into the Brentwood COVID-19 response, economic development, PA-1 and the growth within he City as well as public safety.
- 00:59 – Introduction and background on Olga.
- 02:05 – Why she is running for city council and some of the favorite things she has done for Brentwood.
- 04:08 – How Olga believes Brentwood has handled the COVID-19 response. We get into what else she would like to see.
- 08:28 – We get into how Brentwood could make up the $4 million estimated loss due to COVID, where could/should Brentwood cut?
- 10:11 – We chat about East Contra Costa Fire Protection District. Olga calls on residents funding their “fair share”. She highlights how she previously voted “no” on parcel tax, but she has changed to a “yes” after being more educated.
- 16:50 – We talk about Brentwood Police and their response to the national rhetoric. Thoughts on future growth of the police department and adding officers.
- 19:45 – We jump into homeless and possible solutions.
- 27:09 – We talk about Brentwood growth and developers. We also talk about the infill projects.
- 34:46 – Olga discusses Planning Area 1 (PA-1) and how she would like to see that developed.
- 37:46 – Olga provides her thoughts on the possibility of the youth center and the $100k spend on an architect.
- 40:29 – Olga provides her thoughts on senior services and what is needed.
- 42:17 – We talk about the landscaping tax for those in Deer Ridge to make the landscape improved.
- 44:45 – Olga talks about District 3 specifically and residents concerns she is hearing—she says growth is a big issue and the circulation around Shadow Lakes being “horrible”.
- 46:20 – We get into the oil drilling in the Brentwood hills.
- 49:19 – Olga highlights why voters should support her for city council.
- iTunes Direct Link: Click here
- Google Play Direct Link: Click here
- Spotify Direct Link: Click here
- Stitcher Direct Link: Click here
- Podbeam Direct Link: Click here
If you would like to be a potential guest, email [email protected] and explain why… this show is open to anyone in Contra Costa County.