On this episode, I chat with Susannah Meyer who is running for Brentwood City Council in District 3. We get into a variety of issues from social services, public safety and economic development which needs to help the middle class and produce jobs.
- 00:46 – who is Susannah Meyer and her background
- 03:00 – We get into this fake rhetoric of Meyer “job hopping”.
- 03:54 – Why did you decide to run for Brentwood City Council. She explains how East Contra Costa County, specifically Brentwood, is ignored in terms of services and there needs to be more advocating to bring senior/youth services to Brentwood. We get into need for more partnerships with non-profits to facilitate more programs.
- 10:21 – Meyer highlights her concerns on the economy and jobs. She talks about the need to better promote business, engage people on how to support each other and bring in new industry that create jobs to assist the middle class. Says small business should be given more of a voice.
- 16:10 – Meyer explains why she is not accepting developer monies in the campaign. We get into growth, Bridle Gate, etc. She is calling for smart & responsible growth.
- 21:22 – We talk about public safety and the East Contra Costa Fire Protection District.
- 27:50 – We talk about Brentwood Police and Meyer provides her thoughts. She applauds Brentwood Police for being quick to respond to national rhetoric. We get into racism in the schools and how we should have a zero tolerance and should begin an open discussion on the topic. She says Brentwood PD does need more officers.
- 35:30 – we talk about homeless and where Meyer is at on this issue. She says there needs to be wrap around services and partnerships with the county and non-profits. We get into alternative housing, I raise the issue about what is wrong with mobile home parks?
- 44:35 – Youth Services and the possible Youth Center. But Meyer argues it could be more such as non-profit services, job training, counseling, etc.
- 47:12 – We get into the “no drilling” in the Brentwood Hills on county land.
- 49:00 – We talk about preserving the agricultural land. She talks about Ag-tourism but also how the farmers market should be year-round and make agricultural our lifestyle.
- 55:55 – Meyer explains why voters should consider voting for her for Brentwood City Council.
- iTunes Direct Link: Click here
- Google Play Direct Link: Click here
- Spotify Direct Link: Click here
- Stitcher Direct Link: Click here
- Podbeam Direct Link: Click here
If you would like to be a potential guest, email [email protected] and explain why… this show is open to anyone in Contra Costa County.