The American Cancer Society Relay For Life movement is set to host 11 events this summer in Contra Costa County to help raise fund to end cancer.
The event is aimed at uniting communities across the globe to celebrate people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and take action to finish the fight once and for all. By walking around a track or path for up to 24 hours, individuals and teams raise money and awareness to help the American Cancer Society save lives.
Dollars raised support groundbreaking cancer research, education and prevention efforts, and free information and critical services for cancer patients who need them.
Survivors and caregivers are invited to kick off the event, a special lap is held to celebrate cancer survivors, followed by a lap in honor of caregivers. You and your caregiver are invited to join us for these laps and to stay for the rest of the event.
Contra Costa County Relay for Life
- May 20-21: Oakley (Freedom HS)
- June 3-4: Pleasant Hill (Pleasant Hill Middle School)
- June 10-11: San Ramon (California HS)
- June 17-18: Brentwood (Heritage HS)
- June 24-25: Antioch (Deer Valley HS)
- June 24: Concord/Walnut Creek (Ygnacio Valle Park)
- July 15-16: Pittsburg (Pittsburg City Hall)
- July 22-23: East Shore (Cerrito Vista Park)
- July 22-23: Martinez (Martinez Junior HS)
- August 5-6: El Sobrante/Pinole (Fernandez Park)
- August 12-13: Clayton (The Grove)
Visit relayforlife.org to learn more and to get involved.