On this episode of WTF California, after a 12-year-old girl was shot in killed in the City of Antioch, Burkholder calls for all of East Contra Costa County to work together to reduce violence while Antioch’s Mayor uses 12-year-old’s death as a political platform. Turnage calls for more efforts to be done for youth in the schools. Also on this episode, we talk about youths arrested in connection with an attack on an 80-year-old man in San Leandro, Oakland Mayor talks violence and Oakland A’s, Newsom could lift mask mandate and much more.
Burkholder calls for City of Antioch, City of Brentwood, City of Oakley, City of Pittsburg to work together.
Note – Antioch Mayor issues two statements within 12-hours calling for
- I had originally planned to bring additional youth programming measures to the May 25th Council meeting. Instead, I’ll be bringing those measures to a special meeting next Tuesday, May 18th including the creation of a Community Led Violence Prevention Task Force in partnership with Moms Demand Action – CA.
- I’ll be advancing a safe storage ordinance and creation of a community led violence prevention task force. I’ll reiterate my message to young people, guns are not the answer to solving problems! Cease fire!
- UPDATE: 12-Year-Old Shot and Killed Wednesday Night in Antioch
- San Leandro police arrest two juvenile suspects in robbery attack on 80-year-old man
- San Diego illustrator accused of defacing SF Chinatown murals; artist calls it hate crime
- Oakland mayor reacts to A’s threats to relocate as delays with new stadium continue
- Newsom says indoor mask mandate may not lift June 15, but experts say it will soon be safe to do so
- Lodi residents who get COVID-19 vaccine eligible for $25 credit on utility bill
- LA city officials consider making outdoor dining program permanent
- Faulconer proposes 0% state income tax for some Californians
- Gov’s plan: ‘Rebate’ and ‘sharing the wealth’ are deeply misleading
- San Diego hands out almost $400K to city employees under 2020 rewards program, records show
- Recall Campaign Against Sonoma County DA Jill Ravitch Gets Enough Signatures To Qualify For Special Election
- Oakland police chief believes reforms are needed
- LAFD: Over half of fires are related to homeless encampments
- L.A. County Supervisor Barger asks feds for help stopping influx of illegal fireworks ahead of July 4
- Group of TikTok users leading push to free Menendez Brothers
Follow Us & Subscribe
- Apple Podcast – click here
- Google Podcast – click here
- PodBean – click here
- Spotify – click here
- TuneIn-Alexa: click here
- Official Website
- Follow us on Facebook
Do us a favor and hit subscribe and be alerted when new episodes are released