On this episode of WTF California Podcast, kudos for the Town of Discovery Bay residents for standing up against shoplifting at Safeway while supporting an employee–Kenny proposes the first WTF California Challenge to prove a point at how stupid the state has become. Shoplifting is wrong and its time to support stores that prosecute crime such as Grocery Outlet, not enable it. Nearly $100 billion in COVID relief funds have been stolen, California set to require booster shot for healthcare works. Governor Newsom seeks to help homeowners catch up with mortgage payments while new affordable housing plan gives tenants, cities and non profits first chance to buy properties. Plus more!
Articles From the Show:
- Criminals have stolen nearly $100 billion in Covid relief funds, Secret Service says
- California will require healthcare workers to get COVID booster shot
- San Jose Mayor Proposes Booster Mandate for City Employees, Facilities
- Restaurants brace for decline in business with threat of omicron
- Dropping case numbers may show South Africa’s omicron peak has passed
- Gov. Newsom announce plan to help homeowners catch up on mortgage payments
- CA Could Help Pay Your Back Mortgage: Report
- Should renters get first dibs in Bay Area real estate deals?
- Affordable Housing Plan Gives Tenants, Cities, Non-Profits First Chance To Buy Bay Area Properties
- Sunnyvale Home Sells For Nearly $1 Million Over Listing Price
- SF Gets $54.7 Million To Convert SOMA Hotel Into Permanent Housing For Homeless
- California’s new congressional, legislative boundaries approved
- Mountain travel highly discouraged after Wednesday evening due to winter storm
- Homeless man stands in front of stolen firetruck to end pursuit in Orange County