The community is invited to attend a student and teacher panel in the City of Brentwood at City Park on July 21 at 6:00 pm. The panel will focus on racism in the Brentwood K-12 system.
Those in attendance are invited to share their story, explain your perspectives, and give testimony to help others understand racism in the community.
The panel was announced last week in a Letter to the Editor by Ariel Ryan who is asking for changes in the Liberty Union School District and Brentwood Union Elementary School District’s educational system.
COVID related precautions:
- 4 projectors and screens 40-60 feet away from each other so people can spread out (park setting)
- 4 sanitizer stations : free gloves, mask and 4 individuals working each booth to give them out
- 1 individual to clean mic after use ( Clorox wipe and alcohol spray)
- open mic open to the public will be 15 feet away from Teacher Panel
- two teachers per table 7 1/2 feet from each other
- moderators (bright red shirts) in the audience enforcing distance
For those who my be uncomfortable attending, a link can be provided by emailing [email protected]
If You Go:
Brentwood City Park
July 21, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Social Distancing will be required (a lawn chair is suggested)