On this episode, I chat with Antioch’s Allie Sealey who moved to Nashville to pursue a career as a Country Musician. She is in town after performing in Nashville the past few months while working on a new album. She talks about jam sessions, her new music, potential timeline on a new album. We also get into living the musician life, who in Nashville impresses Allie, and talks about overcoming fears.
Do us a favor and subscribe on iTunes & Google Play and never miss an episode. In the meantime, listen to the podcast on iTunes & Google Play.
- 03:30 – being offered a job in Nashville and how John Rich reached out.
- 04:53 – Advice from John Rich and Kenny of Big & Rich.
- 05:44 – What is the Nashville atmosphere compared to Contra Costa County? Talks about playing in Nashville and working at Tootsies.
- 07:00 – Talks about music collaboration and people joining in to songs. How does all that work?
- 08:01 – What was her biggest surprise during jam sessions?
- 10:23 – Allie explains her set-list after playing in Nashville these past few months.
- 12:15 – What is going on with Allie’s music, when is a new album coming out?
- 13:37 – New songs?
- 15:36: – Sample the song “It’s Not All In Our Heads” by Allie Sealey.
- 17:05 – Talks about other songs on her upcoming album.
- 18:35 – Difference in creating music in the San Francisco bay Area vs. Nashville.
- 20:07 – Living the musician life and the importance of a tip jar or funding a business. Respecting one’s craft. Importance of ignoring the naysayers.
- 23:55 – What is going on with Allie’s social media… doing more YouTube and doing Facebook video.
- 27:55 – Who in Nashville is really impressing Allie?
- 32:23 – What is it like meeting people from all around the world coming to Nashville for the music?
- 34:22 – On if Allie has had any new “cop” stories.
- 35:11 – Back to the album when can we expect it to come out?
- 39:47 – Talking about being scared and fears of singing in front of people?