The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District reported that in the month of March they had 650 service calls with an average response time of 8:33 minutes.
In the month of February, the District ran 591 calls with a response time of 8:39 minutes. In calendar year 2020, the District has an average response time of 8:29 minutes for 7,639 calls and in 2019 had a time of 8:19 minutes for 7,679.
During the month of March, the District responded to 8 residential structure fires, 0 commercial structure fire, 4 vehicle fires, 0 large vehicle fire, 3 vegetation fires and 19 exterior fires. The District also responded to 19 vehicle crashes with an additional 4 requiring rescue. They also had 5 vehicle vs. pedestrian calls, 1motorcycle crashes, and 2 bicycle accident.
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls For Service by Station in the month of March:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 42% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 334 times
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 34% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 277 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 17% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 134 times.
- CALFIRE assisted in 2% of the calls for 20 rollouts.
- Auto Aid assisted in 5% of the calls for 39 rollouts.
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 0 rollouts.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Bethel Island – 14:27Minutes (26 calls)
- Knightsen – 9:00 Minutes (31 calls)
- Discovery Bay/Byron – 10:58 Minutes (78 calls)
- Marsh Creek – 10:24 Minutes (26 calls)
- Brentwood – 7:53 minutes (327 calls)
- Oakley – 7:39 Minutes (175 calls)
In the month of March, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 39-times with them sending a total of 61 engines. Meanwhile the District sent CONFIRE auto aid 32-times for 40 engines.