The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District reported at their monthly meeting that in the month of June, they had 596 service calls with an average response time of 8:28 minutes.
In the month of May, the District ran 606 calls with a response time of 8:30 minutes. In calendar year 2019, the District has an average response time of 8:19 minutes for 7,679 calls and in 2018 had a time of 8:16 minutes for 7,719.
During the month of June, the District responded to 11 residential structure fires, 1 commercial structure fire, 4 vehicle fires, 0 large vehicle fires, 19 vegetation fire and 21 exterior fires. The District also responded to 19 vehicle crashes with an additional 4 requiring rescue. They also had 3 motorcycle crashes, and 2 bicycle accidents.
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls for Service by Station in the month of June:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 36% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 272 times
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 40% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 300 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 16% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 119 times.
- Auto Aid assisted in 6% of the calls for 46 rollouts.
- CALFIRE assisted in 2% of the calls for 15 rollouts.
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 1 rollout.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Marsh Creek – 13:17 Minutes (17 calls)
- Bethel Island – 13:07 Minutes (40 calls)
- Discovery Bay/Byron – 11:28 Minutes (70 calls)
- Knightsen – 9:07 Minutes (23 calls)
- Brentwood – 7:35 minutes (264 calls)
- Oakley – 7:11 Minutes (182 calls)
In the month of June, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 46 times with them sending a total of 75 engines with 29 arriving on scene. Meanwhile the District sent CONFIRE auto aid 42 times for 65 engines which 20 arrived on scene.