The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District reported that in the month of September they had 621 service calls with an average response time of 8:38 minutes.
In the month of August, the District ran 601 calls with a response time of 8:27 minutes. In calendar year 2018, the District has an average response time of 8:16 minutes for 7,719 calls and in 2017 had a time of 8:02 minutes for 7,530.
During the month of September, the District responded to 6 residential structure fires, 0 commercial structure fire, 3 vehicle fires, 0 large vehicle fire, 3 vegetation fires and 15 exterior fires. The District also responded to 34 vehicle crashes with an additional 3 requiring rescue. They also had 4 vehicle vs. pedestrian calls, 6 motorcycle crashes, and 1 bicycle accident.
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls For Service by Station in the month of January:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 34% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 266 times
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 38% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 291 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 18% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 143 times.
- CALFIRE assisted in 4% of the calls for 30 rollouts.
- Auto Aid assisted in 6% of the calls for 46 rollouts.
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 0 rollouts.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Bethel Island – 15:05 Minutes (34 calls)
- Knightsen – 8:37 Minutes (37 calls)
- Discovery Bay/Byron – 11:06 Minutes (91 calls)
- Marsh Creek – 10:55 Minutes (15 calls)
- Brentwood – 7:35 minutes (266 calls)
- Oakley – 6:44 Minutes (178 calls)
In the month of September, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 46-times with them sending a total of 66 engines with 19 arriving on scene. Meanwhile the District sent CONFIRE auto aid 27-times for 34 engines which 9 arrived on scene.