The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District reported that in the month of October they had 682 service calls with an average response time of 8:37 minutes.
In the month of September, the District ran 621 calls with a response time of 8:38 minutes. In calendar year 2018, the District has an average response time of 8:16 minutes for 7,719 calls and in 2017 had a time of 8:02 minutes for 7,530.
During the month of October, the District responded to 7 residential structure fires, 2 commercial structure fire, 5 vehicle fires, 1 large vehicle fire, 17 vegetation fires and 13 exterior fires. The District also responded to 20 vehicle crashes with an additional 11 requiring rescue. They also had 1 vehicle vs. pedestrian calls, 2 motorcycle crashes, and 2 bicycle accident.
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls for Service by Station in the month of January:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 37% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 305 times
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 35% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 288 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 19% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 154 times.
- CALFIRE assisted in 4% of the calls for 30 rollouts.
- Auto Aid assisted in 5% of the calls for 40 rollouts.
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 3 rollouts.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Bethel Island – 15:52 Minutes (29 calls)
- Marsh Creek – 15:21 Minutes (21 calls)
- Discovery Bay/Byron – 10:24 Minutes (93 calls)
- Knightsen – 9:13 Minutes (31 calls)
- Brentwood – 7:52 minutes (335 calls)
- Oakley – 6:53 Minutes (173 calls)
In the month of September, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 40 times with them sending a total of 79 engines with 46 arriving on scene. Meanwhile the District sent CONFIRE auto aid 20-times for 23 engines which 7 arrived on scene.