The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District reported that in the month of November they had 625 service calls with an average response time of 8:37 minutes.
In the month of October, the District ran 682 calls with a response time of 8:38 minutes. In calendar year 2018, the District has an average response time of 8:16 minutes for 7,719 calls and in 2017 had a time of 8:02 minutes for 7,530.
During the month of November, the District responded to 8 residential structure fires, 2 commercial structure fire, 8 vehicle fires, 0 large vehicle fire, 11 vegetation fires and 17 exterior fires. The District also responded to 28 vehicle crashes with an additional 6 requiring rescue. They also had 2 vehicle vs. pedestrian calls, 2 motorcycle crashes, and 1 bicycle accident.
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls for Service by Station in the month of January:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 35% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 273 times
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 38% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 297 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 16% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 125 times.
- CALFIRE assisted in 4% of the calls for 31 rollouts.
- Auto Aid assisted in 6% of the calls for 47 rollouts.
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 0 rollouts.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Bethel Island – 18:45 Minutes (24 calls)
- Knightsen – 11:23 Minutes (29 calls)
- Discovery Bay/Byron – 10:47 Minutes (83 calls)
- Marsh Creek – 10:41 Minutes (20 calls)
- Brentwood – 7:36 minutes (289 calls)
- Oakley – 7:33 Minutes (180 calls)
In the month of November, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 47 times with them sending a total of 61 engines with 19 arriving on scene. Meanwhile the District sent CONFIRE auto aid 24-times for 30 engines which 7 arrived on scene.