The Brentwood Union School District has announced Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten registration will open the first week of March.
According to the District, eligible children must be five years old on or before September 1, 2016 for kindergarten. For transitional kindergarten, eligible children must be 5 years old between September 2 and December 2, 2016.
If your child falls within those eligibility requirements, you may call your resident school site beginning February 16, 2016 to schedule your registration appointment. Appointments will be held March 1, 2, and 3, 2016.
HOW TO REGISTER
Appointments for TK & Kindergarten Registration will be made by calling your designated area school beginning Tuesday, February 16, 2016.
March 1st, 2nd and 3rd
What is my child’s designated area school?
Visit our district website at www.brentwood.k12.ca.us and click on “SchoolWorks” or contact Student Services at 513-6316.
- Certified (Official) Birth Certificate, Passport or Baptismal Certificate
- Proof of immunizations
- Polio: Four (4) doses of polio vaccine regardless of age when the last dose was given, or (2) s/he received 3 doses of polio with at least one dose after the fourth birthday. If the 3rd dose was before the 4th birthday then a fourth dose is needed.
- DTP: A child will be fully immunized against diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis with 5 doses of DTP (DT or DtaP) vaccine regardless of age when the last dose was given or (2) s/he received 4 doses of DTP (DT or DtaP) with at least one dose after the fourth birthday. If the 4th dose was before the 4th birthday then a fifth dose is needed.
- MMR: Two (2) doses of measles containing vaccine received on or after the first birthday and given at least 1-3 months apart. One of these doses must be MMR vaccine.
- HEP B: Three (3) doses of Hepatitis B vaccine.
- Varicella: One (1) dose of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine or proof from a doctor that the student has had chickenpox disease.
- Proof of physical examination and oral health examination are requested for TK and kindergarten and are required before the start of first grade.
- Proof of Residency
Feb. 9: Kindergarten Readiness Fair
All Brentwood 0-5 year-olds and their parents are invited to attend this free event. The Kindergarten Readiness Fair will offer support, tools, and presentations to get you and your child ready for transitional kindergarten and kindergarten
- Open house event with booths and scheduled presentation
- Gain information on skills and behaviors needed for beginning transitional kindergarten and kindergarten
- Learn fun and simple activities to promote readiness
- Receive materials and resources to help at home
The event will occur between 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at Brentwood Elementary School located at 200 Griffith Lane, Brentwood, CA