On Saturday, the East Contra Costa Fire Protection District responded to a report of a commercial structure fire at the Holiday Inn in the city of Brentwood.
Crews responded at 10:39 pm where they arrived to conditions of heavy smoke coming from a mattress that the sprinkler system was able to extinguish in a room on the third story of the hotel. Fire crews then worked to further extinguish the mattress and bedspread before checking for extensions to other parts of the hotel and perform smoke removal.
According to the District, there was water damage to multiple rooms, smoke and fire damage to one room. No injuries were reported and the estimated fire loss is under investigation.
The probable cause is unattended candles in the room of origin according to Battalion Chief Gil Guerrero.