All are invited to the kickoff event of Antioch’s Sesquicentennial, a BBQ picnic extravaganza on the grounds of the Antioch Historical Society from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 2, 2022. Music, food and beverages, and fun are planned.
Local group Vocal-ease and the Boogie Men are the headliners, performing most of the afternoon. Opening is the Antioch High School Jazz Band. Ballet Folklorico from Antioch Middle School will close the day.
Guests are welcome to bring their own picnic. Tables, chairs, and shade canopies will be provided. Tickets to reserve a BBQ meal from Freddie B.’s are available for purchase in advance, though one can also purchase the meal at the event. Others may choose to purchase pizza from the Straw Hat Pizza food truck. Sodas, beer, and wine will be for sale.
Fun for children will be plentiful in the Antioch Rec Department Activity Area, with a bouncy house, an inflatable obstacle course, face painting, and Silly Jojo the Clown will entertain with balloon animal creations.
The Museum itself and Sports Legends will be open. Winners of an art contest for all middle schoolers in Antioch will be on display in the Museum’s Riverview Room to the accompaniment of live classical piano music played by Alfonso Ochoa. Outdoors guests can view Bay Bombs Classic Car Show, the Museum’s 1926 fire engine, vehicles from the Antioch Police Department, and the Museum’s murals. The McCoy Farm House and the Fire House will both be open.
Sesquicentennial souvenir coins will be available to purchase. Proceeds from the coins and a portion of the price of the BBQ meal will benefit the museum.
Full List of Upcoming Events in the City of Antioch:
- April 2 – Historical Society Kickoff Event – Antioch Historical Museum
- April 16 -El Campanil Theatre Sesquicentennial Concert
- April 23 – Keep Antioch Beautiful Day / Earth Day
- May 7 – Rivertown Art & Wine Walk – 2nd Street and G Street
- May 14 – History Walk Event- Downtown Antioch
- May 21 – Black Diamond Day – Black Diamond Mines
- June 3 – Antioch Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament
- June 4 – Free Day at Antioch Water Park – Proof of Residency Required
- June 16, 23, 30 – Movie Night at Antioch Water Park – Antioch Community Center
- June 19 – Juneteenth Celebration – Waldie Plaza Downtown Antioch
- June 25 – Sesquicentennial 5K Run – Lone Tree Golf Course
- June 26 – Sesquicentennial Community Bike Ride – Prewett Family Park Community Center
- July 2 – Sesquicentennial Music in The Park – Williamson Ranch Park
- July 3 – Military Tribute Concert
- July 4 – Sesquicentennial 4th of July Celebration and Parade – Downtown Antioch
- August 27 – Hot August Cruise Night and Movie at El Campanil Theatre – Downtown Antioch
- September 10 – Rivertown Peddlers Faire – 2nd and G Street – Downtown Antioch
- October 1 – Fall Fest / BBQ Cook-Off – Downtown Antioch
- October 29 – Halloween Kids Fest / Trick or Treating – Downtown Antioch
- November 11 – Veteran’s Day Parade
- December 3 – Holiday Delites Celebration – Downtown Antioch
For more local events, visit our ECT calendar: Click here