On this episode, I chat with Republican Candidate Julie Mobley who is running against California State Senator Steve Glazer. We get into a variety of topics from COVID-19 response, AB 5, Wildfires, Police, to other regulations.
- 00:48 – We get into why Julie was quiet during the primary – which had to with being on the Contra Costa Civil Grand Jury. We get into what she learned and got out of it.
- 05:15 – Who is Julie Mobley. She provides her background.
- 08:10 – Why she wanted to run for State Senate, she gets into how California is headed in the wrong direction. She is encouraging more collaborative government because the results are not there. She urges more balance and new thinking to Sacramento.
- 10:45 – Mobley calls for more creative offerings in terms of COVID-19 response while minimizes health risks to open schools and business open. She highlights how Senator Steve Glazer called for a complete shutdown.
- 16:30 – We get into the debate over climate change. Fires. Power shutoffs. Solar investments. Thinning of forests and creating more fire breaks.
- 23:10 – Housing Healthcare, education, transportation, Mobley talks about wanting to increase services while reducing costs. She talks about new models for supportive services for homeless. We also get into unions and special interest.
- 34:50 – We jump into Assembly Bill 5 (AB5) and the impact, regardless of Uber and Lyft.
- 37:30 – We get into Mobley’s belief of “establishing metrics to track progress goals” which is the problem with Sacramento, thousands of bills pass, but no real checks and balances if they work or not.
- 41:50 – We jump into Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) and how Steve Glazer ran on “BART Sucks” but little has been done.
- 44:06 – Mobley explains how she would be different than Senator Glazer. I talk about what frustrates me is that fact he ignores East Contra Costa County.
- 47:30 – we get into Law Enforcement/Police and how they have been crucified in Sacramento, what is her approach to bringing in more police officers to the industry.
- 58:15 – Mobley talks about attracting more business to California as regulations are hurting business.
- 1:00:00 – Mobley explains why voters should consider voting for her for State Senate.
Campaign Website: www.julieforsenate.com
- iTunes Direct Link: Click here
- Google Play Direct Link: Click here
- Spotify Direct Link: Click here
- Stitcher Direct Link: Click here
- Podbeam Direct Link: Click here
If you would like to be a potential guest, email [email protected] and explain why… this show is open to anyone in Contra Costa County.