On this episode, I chat with Antwon Webster, Antioch City Council Candidate for District 3. We get into his support of Antioch Police and how the city needs more police, he wants to improve economic development and work on Antioch providing more transparent government.
- 00:45 – intro on who Antwon Webster is and why he is running for city council.
- 02:13 – Antwon talks about when he decided to run, he was approached by Antioch Councilmember Lamar Thorpe who told him he had no chance and then tried to intimidate him into dropping out of the race.
- 05:50 – We get into the issues and why Webster is running: crime, economic development and transparent government. He argues Antioch needs more police officers and is not in favor of the defund the police movement. He calls for more dialogue between the city and protesters.
- 12:20 – We get into economic development and how to help businesses that are already here. We talk about impact of marijuana dispensaries on the budget, investing in our local business. We also get into the $1 million Opportunity Lives Here Campaign.
- 21:45 – We get into what Antwon means by “transparent government” and we discuss this creation of multiple “ad-hoc committees”.
- 30:15 – We get into a discussion on the homeless and Antwon’s solution, which he calls for more privatization in handling it. We also get into impact and study provided by Keith and Iris Archuleta and what they have done.
- 35:36 – We discuss the behavior of Nichole Gardner in her approach to homelessness and attitude towards police captured on video, even from her own recordings.
- 38:38 – How do we get the City Council and Antioch School Board to finally work together.
- 40:50 – We get into the Mayors race and how nasty its become with the rhetoric.
- 42:35 – We play a game on whether or not city councilmembers have done their job, we run down the list and Antwon gives his thoughts–this includes Sean Wright, Lamar Thorpe, Lori Ogorchock, Joy Motts, Monica Wilson.
- 44:03 – Antwon gives his thoughts on School Resource Officers
- 44:48 – We chat about District 3 specific issues and what Antwon wants to address while working to create more opportunities for youth.
- 50:00 – Antwon provides an overview of why voters should consider voting for him.
- iTunes Direct Link: Click here
- Google Play Direct Link: Click here
- Spotify Direct Link: Click here
- Stitcher Direct Link: Click here
- Podbeam Direct Link: Click here
If you would like to be a potential guest, email [email protected] and explain why… this show is open to anyone in Contra Costa County.