The Oakley Library is getting their STEAM on every Tuesday through Saturday during Spring Break from 3-4pm.
The program will feature fun, hands-on STEAM-related activities and challenges. STEAM programs – Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math – help prepare kids to become innovative and creative learners. Activities and challenges are geared towards school aged children, teens and tweens, yet everyone is welcome!!
As always, library programs are completely free.
- March 21: Excellent Explosions- Experiments in chemical reactions!
- March 22: Come Crack the Code- Do you have what it takes to be a Code Buster? Penny Warner, author of the award-winning “Code Busters Club” series is coming to Oakley! Learn how to crack codes & write secret messages! Join us for an afternoon of mysterious fun!
- March 23: Ingenuity Lab- Come explore, discover, and create!
- March 24: Tech Time- Create and invent with Little Bits, Sphero, and more!
- March 25: Lego Creators Club- Join us for our weekly Lego Creator Club and build your masterpiece. Make anything you choose with our HUGE collection of bricks.
- March 28: A naturalist from East Bay Regional Park District will be on hand to help us explore scat (poop) from local critters, learn their stories, and even make a little fake scat to eat!
- March 29: Boat Race Science- Design and make your own sailboat; then race it against others!
- March 30: Fun on the Farm- First Generation Farmers will be here with some farm animals for you to pet. You can also learn about what it takes to grow your own food.
- March 31: Tech Time- Create and invent with Cublets, Little Bits, and more!
- April 1: Lego Creators Club- Join us for our weekly Lego Creator Club and build your masterpiece. Make anything you choose with our HUGE collection of bricks.
The Oakley Community Library is located at 1050 Neroly Rd., on the Freedom High School campus. The Library is open Tuesday and Wednesday from 10am- 9pm, Thursday from 2pm-9pm, Friday from 2pm-6pm, and Saturday from 10am- 6pm, closed Sunday and Monday.
For more information, visit ccclib.org or phone the Library at 925-625-2400.