On this episode of WTF California Podcast, we highlight the Contra Costa County District Attorney Race after a debate in Antioch last night between Diana Becton and Mary Knox — video on our Facebook page. We get into a bizarre social media post by Antioch Mayor Lamar Thorpe threatening to take action against bloggers, podcasters and self proclaimed journalist. We remind the mayor there is something called Freedom of Speech, Freedom of the Press and court decisions. We highlights how San Jose Police Chief proposes 7-pointr plan for department reform while California Legislative Analyst warns of budget shortfall as early as next year after Governor Gavin Newsom’s Proposed Budget. Plus more.
Articles From the Show:
- CHP: 3 found shot along Interstate 580 in East Oakland, 2 killed
- Legislative Analyst Warns CA May Face Budget Shortfall as Early as Next Year
- San Jose police chief proposes 7-point plan for department reform amid instances of misconduct
- Schools have dominated elections for the past year. So why is the state superintendent race such a snooze?
- SF Chamber of Commerce poll finds residents think city is going in wrong direction
- LAUSD predicts 30% enrollment drop over next decade
- Alameda to give 150 households monthly stipends of $1,000 for two years
- Oakland council passes resolution to make city pro-choice sanctuary
- Former CEO of Anaheim Chamber of Commerce facing criminal charges
- EXCLUSIVE: SFFD tries to keep firefighter’s arrest, colleague’s brutal beating under wraps
- Feds in California arrest entrepreneur with huge social media following on interstate pot trafficking, gun possession charges
- Woman serving life sentence led fraud ring that got $2M in California unemployment benefits: DOJ
- California manufacturers want a halt to tax on purchases of new equipment
- Canceling student debt would be ‘very unfair’ and favor those who make ‘lots of money in their lifetime,’ former Fed Chair Bernanke says
- 1st Case of Rare Monkeypox in US This Year Confirmed in Mass.