On this episode of WTF California, we talk about how California vs. Florida COVID-19 response. We also discuss this arrest made of a Chinatown Business Owner who protected a female being robbed after he fired gunshots. Santa Clara County fails again. Drug smugglers now using drones. Senator calls for stiff penalties for online sex trafficking and exploitation. Finally, a city council is holding a councilperson accountable for brown act and ethical violations.
- Do lockdowns really make a difference? How two US states with totally opposite COVID strategies both ended up with the same result
This is basically a breakdown between COVID-19 stats between California and Florida. Its real eye opening.
- Santa Clara Co. Left With Extra Vaccines After 4K People Don’t Show Up for Appointments
About 10% of vaccine appointments made at county-run sites are no shows, and because of that on Saturday at the Santa Clara County fairgrounds there were about 300 extra vaccines that were already thawed and set to expire the next day.
- Drone with kilo of meth crashes on roof of San Ysidro business
SAN YSIDRO, Calif. — Border patrol agents found a drone Sunday with a kilo of meth taped to it on top of a San Ysidro business. Chief Patrol Agent Aaron M. Heitke shared photos of the drone and drugs on Twitter. He said someone called Border Patrol to report a drone crashed on the roof of a business close to the border.
- Oakland Chinatown store owner who intervened in robbery arrested
OAKLAND, Calif. – An Oakland Chinatown liquor store owner was arrested by police after he intervened in a robbery outside his store on Monday, KTVU has learned. 36-year-old man faces one count of felony assault with a firearm, according to Alameda County Sheriff’s Department.
- Oakland Chinatown merchants turn to private security patrols
OAKLAND, Calif. – Private security guards are being deployed in Oakland Chinatown after a rash of robberies and assaults. The guards hit the streets Tuesday, less than 24 hours after a store owner tried to intervene in a robbery attempt, and opened fire.
- Bill introduced to end online sex trafficking, exploitation
On Tuesday, Senator Dave Cortese (D-San Jose) introduced legislation that would give victims, including children and their parents, the ability to file civil causes of action against the distributors of naked or sexual photographs and videos — the first bill of its kind in the nation.
- 4 teens, 1 man arrested after hitting Fresno police car, running from officers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) — Fresno police arrested four teenagers and a man after they crashed into an officer’s patrol car and sped away, causing an extensive search at an east central Fresno golf course.
- LA County hits threshold to let elementary schools reopen
LOS ANGELES (KABC) — As COVID-19 cases decline and hospitals improve their available capacity, Los Angeles County has hit a state milestone for allowing elementary schools to reopen, county Supervisor Janice Hahn said Monday.
- ‘Nobody cares about sex offenders.’ COVID deaths spike at state hospital in Fresno County
A spike in coronavirus-related deaths at a state-run psychiatric hospital in Fresno County has angered and alarmed patients, who blame hospital staff for a massive outbreak that infected hundreds and killed more than a dozen patients over the past six months.
- Pismo Beach Councilwoman Guthrie faces censure over building project
Pismo Beach Councilwoman Marcia Guthrie is facing censure at Tuesday’s city council meeting after she reportedly violated the Brown Act and ethics rules. Guthrie shared information from a closed session of the city council with applicants for a building project. She also issued directions to city staff regarding a project.
- Gov. Newsom Recall Heading for 2 Million Signatures
With the $250,000 the Republican National Committee contributed to the effort to recall California Gov. Gavin Newsom, and now with $125,000 from the state GOP, the RecallGavin2020 and Rescue California effort has picked up steam and tops the needed 1.5 signature threshold. The recent contributions will help gather the goal of 2 million signatures, for the added cushion.
Listen & Subscribe
- Apple Podcast – click here
- Google Podcast – coming soon
- PodBean – click here
- Spotify – click here
- TuneIn-Alexa: click here
- Official Website
Do us a favor and hit subscribe and be alerted when new episodes are released.