Home Pittsburg Pittsburg Police Say 1 Dead, 3 Children Hospitalized in Possible Carbon Monoxide Incident

Pittsburg Police Say 1 Dead, 3 Children Hospitalized in Possible Carbon Monoxide Incident

by ECT

At approximately 7:00 pm Thursday, the Pittsburg Police responded to a welfare check at a home in the 100 block of Vincent Street in the City of Pittsburg.

Upon arrival, Pittsburg Police said they located a male who was “disoriented and incoherent”. Later they located 1 deceased female and three children.

Three children were in the home with ages from 6 to 16 and their condition was stable and treated at local hospital.  One adult was deceased at the time according Lt. William Hatcher


Updated: Pittsburg Police Issued the following information:

Earlier this evening, just after 7:00 P.M., Pittsburg Police Officers responded to a house in the 100 block of Vincent Street regarding a welfare check. A family member stated they had not heard from the residents in several days and were concerned for their welfare. When officers arrived, they made contact with a man who was disoriented and incoherent. As officers entered the residence, they located a woman inside who was unresponsive. Three children were also inside the home.

During the investigation, it was believed all occupants may have suffered from carbon monoxide exposure. Representatives from Pacific Gas and Electric responded and a very high level of carbon monoxide was measured inside the house.

Contra Costa Fire and medical personnel responded to the scene to treat the occupants. Four of the residents were transported to area hospitals for additional treatment.

All of these subjects are excepted to recover. Unfortunately, the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.

The source of the exposure is believed to be from the heater for the residence; however, crews are still working to confirm this. This remains an active investigation and additional information is unavailable at this time.

You may also like