Home CONFIRE Pittsburg: Burnt Food Causes Panic at Apartment Complex

Pittsburg: Burnt Food Causes Panic at Apartment Complex

by ECT

Contra Costa County Fire Protection District responded to a commercial fire at 5:08 pm Monday evening after two callers reported seeing smoke out of an apartment at Stoneman Village on E. Leland Road in Pittsburg.

Upon arrival, crews spotted the smoke but no flames.  With an apartment complex this large, it took some time to find the source and perform a perimeter check.  This incident turned out lucky as the source of the smoke was nothing more than burnt food in a microwave. One patient was treated for smoke inhalation.

Crews were on scene for 1-hour and 16-minutes.


You may also like

1 comment

tamarawakeseward Jun 17, 2013 - 9:52 pm

I’ve dropped & picked up here in the late 90’s with Dial A RIde. I’m so glad nobody was injured & it was only food in a microwave. I pray the person treated for smoke inhalation is ok.

Comments are closed.