The Antioch Rotary Club’s Day of Golf, a social spaced activity, has been planned for October 16, 2020. This event allows everyone the enjoyment of playing golf with your friends and community members in a safe environment while helping the Antioch Rotary Club fund raise for the community.
Our annual May golf tournament in the past was our primary fundraiser and allowed us to do
many of the great things we do to help our Antioch community.
“We really have been hit hard this year by COVID-19 and we are excited to be able to have this event at the Lone Tree Golf Course. This event gives us the chance to do our community projects and we couldn’t do it without this event and its sponsors.”, says Antioch Rotary President Tirrell Muhammad.
The Antioch Rotary Club has had some amazing accomplishment with the funds we have raised in the last 27 years:
- Over $275,000 to give 32,000 Dictionaries to 3rd grade students in Antioch (every year
Antioch Rotary buys and distributes to all 3rd grade students since 1998)
- Over $90,000 in scholarships to Antioch high schools and Los Medanos College
- Over $95,000 to International Vision Volunteers for eye and dental clinic in Zambia
- Over $35,000 to Antioch Senior Center
- Over $50,000 for 4 years of the award winning "Empowerment Project for All Antioch 8th Grade Girls
- Over $10,000 for AUSD Manhood Programs – Kings Conference; – done in 2019, postponed May of 2020 to be done again in 2021
- And Over $200,000 in numerous projects for the City of Antioch such as: Re-furbishing
Antioch Little League Fields, New seats in Beede Auditorium, Tree Planting at the Dow Wetlands (Corteva), support to the building of the Antioch Sports Legends and building of the Gazebo at the Antioch Historical Society, Dental Clinic in Baja California, renovation of El Campanil theater, curb cutouts downtown Antioch to assist disabled persons in wheelchairs, funding for K9 dogs, a major sponsor of the Antioch Middle School Athletic Program, Instrument Repair, Uniforms for Deer Valley and AHS Band, Replace Benches at the Antioch Marina, and many more projects.
The Antioch Rotary has built into our Day of Golf; all of the social distancing practices utilized by Lone Tree Golf and Event Center – Starting times for each foursome going off in 9 minute intervals starting at 7:30 AM (sunrise is 7:18 that day), one person per cart, etc. We can book starting times up to 1:30 PM. We will be serving a lunch after golf for each of the groups utilizing Lone Trees beautiful Patio Dining area where you can watch competing groups coming up #18 and cheer them on.
Each group will have about an hour and a half or so in the dining area to eat, drink and be
merry! Since individual carts will be utilized our rounds are expected to be 3 hours and 30 minutes and you have a choice of formats – Scramble or Cha-Cha for those that would like to play their own ball.
Entry fee for golfers is $140.00 per golfer (includes: range balls, green fee/cart, tee prize and lunch).
The Antioch Rotary is looking for sponsors for this event as well as donations for raffle prizes.
Sponsorship levels range from:
- a Title sponsorship of $3,000 (significant sponsor recognition with 2-foursomes, Platinum sponsorship of $1,500 (established signage plus 2 foursomes), a Gold sponsorship level for $1000 (established signage plus one foursome),
- a Silver sponsorship level of $750 (established signage plus 2 golfers), a Bronze sponsorship level of $500 (established signage plus 1 golfer) and Copper sponsorship level of $250 (established signage).
Tirrell Muhammad, Antioch Rotary President says that, “This is outstanding opportunity for our business community and individuals to give back to Antioch while advertising their business while enjoying golf with others in the community.”
Online registration is available for golfers and sponsors at www.LoneTreeGolfCouse.com unde “Upcoming Events”.
Please feel free to contact Tirrell Muhammad at Tirrell_muhammad@yahoo.com at
for more information.