Once again Waldie Plaza in downtown Antioch will be the place to be on Saturday nights in July and August (excluding 7/4 due to the holiday) for free concerts by the river.
The Antioch Free Saturday Summer Concert Series brings back memories of days gone by where families and friends would meet in in the early evening hours to relax, reminisce and enjoy quality entertainment. The first concert will be held July 11th and the free concerts will continue every Saturday through August. Local bands will provide a variety of music from 6-8 PM in Waldie Plaza, located between G & I Streets (by Antioch City Hall off of 2nd Street).
Bring your lawn chairs or blankets and visit a downtown restaurant before the concert or bring a light meal/snack with you. Wadie Plaza is a designated park and park rules apply (no alcohol, dogs on leash, etc.).
The musical lineup is:
- July 11th – Del Soul (Blues, R&B)
- July 18th – Tuck & Roll (50’s, 60’s & 70’s)
- July 25th – Vocal-Ease & The Boogie Men (40’s, 50’s & 60’s)
- August 1st – The PHDs (Contemporary, R&B, Latin, Oldies & Jazz)
- August 8th – Nicky D & the All-Stars (Old School)
- August 15th – The Love Handles (70’s, 80’s & 90’s)
- August 22nd – Project 4 (Punk, Soul, Latin, R&B)
- August 29th – Toree McGee & Rodeo House (Today’s Country)
The concert series’ major sponsor is the Dean & Margaret Lesher Foundation. Additional sponsors are the Arts & Cultural Foundation of Antioch, City of Antioch, EastCountyToday.net, Antioch Herald, Republic Services, NRG, Earline LeBuy CPA and the Antioch Chamber of Commerce.