On this episode, I chat with Dr. Brandon Roberts of Rivertown Chiropractic. We discuss his business decision to move his practice to downtown Antioch which resulted in the opportunity to “save” Special Haven, a non-profit that provides a multi-sensory environment for the benefit and development of children and adults with Special Needs in the local community of Antioch and the surrounding towns. He also talks about the Cranial Facial Release procedure with the balloon up your nose. We also get into staying positive, finding opportunity and whether or not East County Today is a right-wing or left-wing leaning publication.
Or subscribe on iTunes & Google Play and never miss an episode.
iTunes Direct Link: Click here
Google Play Direct Link: Click here
- 00:47 – how Dr. Roberts moved his practice downtown to assist Special Haven. What that move has been like and challenges.
- 03:48 – What has downtown Antioch been like for his business.
- 06:14 – Roberts discusses Special Haven and the lack of resources for special needs in Contra Costa County – impact of their multi-sensory room. Special Haven is run by donations.
- 10:08 – Wine & Beer tasting on April 20 at Petersen Vineyards in Knightsen, CA.
- 12:28 – Roberts highlights his services as a chiropractor at Rivertown Chiropractic and what sets him apart from others in the area. He used to work in a pharmacy and opted for natural solutions.
- 15:20 – For those working at a desk, how a chiropractor can help.
- 17:51 – Does seeing a chiropractor result in better food choices and eating healthier? Advice for grocery shopping by eating on the perimeter of the story for real foods, not processed food. Says NO to soda!
- 20:14 – Roberts talks about the Cranial Facial Release – a balloon int the nose and inflates them to open up the breathing passage way and opens up the cranium. Dr. Adam Del Torto taught Roberts this procedure. Video of procedure here.
- 26:18 – Roberts explains how his goal as a chiropractor is to help people, how its rewarding, fun, and working with children.
- 28:25 – I challenge Roberts on the point of Yoga. I don’t get it.
- 29:29 – Roberts discusses the Contra Costa County Stand Down on the Delta, an event for local veterans.
- 31:45 – I ask Roberts if there is any type of person he wouldn’t touch and who was the scariest he ever did work on – he did work in San Quentin Jail. Then he shares his best reaction to after an adjustment.
- 34:11 – back to the balloon procedure, how big these balloons are and what it feels like. If he has any “oops” moments with them.
- 36:11 – Roberts explains how Special Haven was right time in his life, time to step up. Become part of the community. It is all about timing.
- 38:19 – with all going on in Antioch, Roberts explains how he stays positive and looks for opportunities to give back.
- 40:15 – Roberts explains his next goal. Who he wants his last patient to be when he is 95-years-old.
- 40:59 – how Roberts deals with negativity and internet trolls. How he stays positive. How instant reactions are never good on social media. Discuss whether ECT is right-wing or left-wing publication.
- 46:15 – Final plug for Rivertown Chiropractic and Special Haven Fundraiser.