Applications are now being accepted for the Delta Blues Festival/Dave Williamson Memorial Scholarship–funds are raised through the annual concert.
The purpose of the DBF/Dave Williamson Memorial Scholarship is to allow the festival and all involved, to do their part to help further the education of a graduate of an East Contra Costa County High School in their collegiate or vocational studies.
- Applicant must be an East Contra Costa resident.
- Antioch, Brentwood, Oakley, and Pittsburg
- Applicant must have a commitment to continue musical studies.
- Submit an unofficial transcript.
- Submit an essay which may include some or all of the following:
- Their personal affiliation with the style of music they enjoy.
- Note and explain their career choice and how they see music involved.
- How music affects their life.
- How they will benefit by pursuing an education including or devoted to music.
- Submit any support and commitment to non-profits and/or volunteer organizations.
- Submit a link to a video recording (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) of applicant’s personal talent (playing an instrument, singing a song, or both). The song can be a cover of another artist or one can provide a copy of an original piece of music written by the applicant.
- The committee will gather and discuss the applications and decide which applicant best deserves scholarship.
- There is no need to contact the DBF to understand the progress of one’s application. All applicants will be notified via email of the outcome.
- Formal announcement will be held at the Delta Blues Festival Benefit Concert, at El Campanil Theatre.
- The funds will be paid directly to the college that will be attended.
- Scholarship amount varies from year to year and depends upon sponsorship support to the Delta Blues Festival.
For more information and to apply, click here.
Scholarship Instructions: https://www.deltabluesfestival.net/dbf-scholarship-instructions.html
Scholarship Application: https://www.deltabluesfestival.net/dbf-scholarship-application.html