On this episode, I talk going solar with Mark McBride of West Coast Solar. Mark provides tips on when to think about going solar, buying vs. leasing solar, pitfalls in sales pitches.
Meanwhile, we also talk Marin Clean Energy (MCE) coming to the City of Oakley and Contra Costa County along with President Donald Trumps 30% tariff on imported solar panels
- 02:09 – what are tips for people who are thinking about going solar.
- 03:10 – purchase vs. leasing solar
- 04:30 –- selling homes with solar lease
- 06:10 – an elected official in sales? How does that work?
- 07:20 – unethical behavior in the industry, what Mark is seeing.
- 10:03 – How Mark got into the solar industry
- 13:41 – Marin Clean Energy (MCE) – Averages about $10-13 more per month for the pleasure of going green. Automatic enrollment.
- 19:50 – When buying solar make sure tariff fees, payments, credits are stated. Encourages people to do their homework. PG&E or MCE, still going to have rate increases.
- 22:40 – if people really wanted the world to go green, why is going solar so expensive? Why not make it as cheap as possible? 30% tax tariff by president Donald Trump.
For those interested in learning about solar, contact Mark McBride at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in being a guest on Contra Costa Today, please email email@example.com