On this episode, I talk Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) with Director Joel Keller. Keller also served as Mayor of the City of Antioch three times and has worked to improve transportation across the Bay Area.
- 01:00 – BART to Antioch, May 2018 Opening
- 02:20 – What is going on with the broken cars? Warranty? Fixes?
- 05:10 – What is it like to finally get BART to Antioch… a huge win?
- 07:07 – Classic BART was $750 million, eBART 60% cheaper. Would have been another decade before BART came to Antioch.
- 08:40 – Process of eBART (Antioch) to transfer at Pittsburg station. 10-minute trip at 80 cents plus remainder of trip.
- 13:25 – BART expansion into Brentwood?
- 15:07 – Sand Creek Project – Bridge approval and park & ride expansion.
- 19:10 – BART Police and Security. Homeless? Plan for BART Police in Antioch.
- 23:05 – BART Station positives in a community, increase in home values
- 25:45 – Investment in communications and outreach to riders
- 29:28 – Cost recovery and maintaining system. Biggest issues with infrastructure?
- 32:20 – Regional Measure 3 – Increase in bridge tolls, what it finances for BART if voter approved. 34:00 – Keller provides phone & email if people want to talk about eBART or any issue. Tours available for groups.
- 37:50 – BART from Antioch to Brentwood to Livermore and loop possibility? Perhaps Tracy?
If you want to be on the show, email firstname.lastname@example.org .