At roughly 5:30 pm Sunday, Contra Costa County Firefighters quickly responded to a kitchen fire on Springhill Dr. in Pittsburg where they successfully limited the damage to the kitchen area. The fire was caused by an unattended deep fryer which caused roughly $50,000 in damage. No one was home when the fire started.
According to radio traffic, smoke was seen a 1/2 mile out. When the first engine arrived on scene, they confirmed a fire as they saw flames through a window.
Crews were on scene for 2-hours and 7-minutes.
Other Sunday night Incidents:
- 7:33 pm: Jimno Ave, Pittsburg – Residential Fire, 21-minutes on scene
- 10:14 pm: Kendree St. Antioch – Outside Fire, 17-minutes on scene
- 11:00 pm: Kirker Pass Rd. Pittsburg – Technical rescue, 28-minutes on scene
- 12:52 am: Cavallo Rd, Antioch – Outside Fire, 17-minutes on scene