On this episode, I chat with Tony Tiscareno who is running for Antioch City Council in District 2. He previously served on the council and is running again to focus on improving the Somersville/Delta Fair Corridor, address the homeless issues and work on improving transparency within the City.
- 00:39 – Tiscareno explains why he is running for city council for another term.
- 02:54 – We get into the dynamics of “chaos” on the current Antioch City Council and Antioch in general. We get into a discussion on the current protests going on in the city.
- 06:50 – Tiscareno explains how he can help bridge the gap between the city, school district, police department and protesters.
- 08:23 – Tiscareno highlights his priorities as a city councilmember in District 2. He discusses the Somersville area and what could be done. He says the area around Delta Fair has become a ghost town and need to do better working with the owners.
- 16:00 – We get into the homeless discussion, the trailers and need to work with the county.
- 25:06 – Tiscareno talks Transparency within Antioch, with the police department and the need for body cameras (advocating since 2014 for it). We talk about number of officers needed—he would like to get to 140 officers but realizes the budget cannot sustain that.
- 32:12 – Tiscareno says he is not in favor of “defund the police”, would rather address systematic racism.
- 37:18 – We talk about the Antioch budget and council spending.
- 39:32 – We get into need for more senior services and housing.
- 41:06 – The need for the City Council and School District to work together and simply talk. Tiscareno gets into how he would help bridge the gap between the two.
- 47:00 – COVID-19 and how do we help local business.
- 51:01 – After a 4-year layoff, does Tiscareno represent “old guard” or new ideas for Antioch?
- 56:30 – Tiscareno talks about some of his hard decisions he made in the past on the council.
- 59:00 – Final thought as Tiscareno explains why residents should consider voting for him
- iTunes Direct Link: Click here
- Google Play Direct Link: Click here
- Spotify Direct Link: Click here
- Stitcher Direct Link: Click here
- Podbeam Direct Link: Click here
If you would like to be a potential guest, email [email protected] and explain why… this show is open to anyone in Contra Costa County.