On this episode, I chat with Tony Tiscareno who is running for Antioch City Council in District 2. He previously served on the council and is running again to focus on improving the Somersville/Delta Fair Corridor, address the homeless issues and work on improving transparency within the City.
- 00:39 – Tiscareno explains why he is running for city council for another term.
- 02:54 – We get into the dynamics of “chaos” on the current Antioch City Council and Antioch in general. We get into a discussion on the current protests going on in the city.
- 06:50 – Tiscareno explains how he can help bridge the gap between the city, school district, police department and protesters.
- 08:23 – Tiscareno highlights his priorities as a city councilmember in District 2. He discusses the Somersville area and what could be done. He says the area around Delta Fair has become a ghost town and need to do better working with the owners.
- 16:00 – We get into the homeless discussion, the trailers and need to work with the county.
- 25:06 – Tiscareno talks Transparency within Antioch, with the police department and the need for body cameras (advocating since 2014 for it). We talk about number of officers needed—he would like to get to 140 officers but realizes the budget cannot sustain that.
- 32:12 – Tiscareno says he is not in favor of “defund the police”, would rather address systematic racism.
- 37:18 – We talk about the Antioch budget and council spending.
- 39:32 – We get into need for more senior services and housing.
- 41:06 – The need for the City Council and School District to work together and simply talk. Tiscareno gets into how he would help bridge the gap between the two.
- 47:00 – COVID-19 and how do we help local business.
- 51:01 – After a 4-year layoff, does Tiscareno represent “old guard” or new ideas for Antioch?
- 56:30 – Tiscareno talks about some of his hard decisions he made in the past on the council.
- 59:00 – Final thought as Tiscareno explains why residents should consider voting for him
- iTunes Direct Link: Click here
- Google Play Direct Link: Click here
- Spotify Direct Link: Click here
- Stitcher Direct Link: Click here
- Podbeam Direct Link: Click here
If you would like to be a potential guest, email [email protected] and explain why… this show is open to anyone in Contra Costa County.
Are you kidding? This no talent, public sector feeding politician? really? He has fingerprints all over the Antioch planned decline. just listen to him. same ol’ same ol’. Tony get a real job stop Politicking ( made up of two words Poli..meaning many. and tic, as in bloodsucker) from public paid seat to public paid seat. THE SHEER ARROGANCE OF THESE LIBERALS!
THEY DONT CARE ABOUT US THE VOTERS ..ITS ALL ABOUT THEM AND THEIR “CAREERS”
put fresh blood on the city council!
“the very definition of insanity is repeating the same thing expecting a new result!” Albert Einstien.
I am sick and tired of seeing the trash that the homeless are purposely scattering throughout Antioch. Everywhere the homeless go, a mountain of trash follows them. Enough is enough! I pay taxes and work two jobs, I’m at the point that I can no longer take the vandalism, theft, drugs, garbage, and blatant disrespect for the law and for the residents of Antioch. Instead of giving them a hand, give them the boot!
Politics, a word thats made up of two words, poly ( meaning MANY) and TIC (AS IN BLOOD SUCKER).
Case in point: what we have here is a prime example of a politician that has finger prints all over THE PROBLEMS with Antioch!
The degredation of civil order due to supporting section 8 policies, massive homelessness for supporting poverty pimping policies that keep these poor fools from getting out of the gutter. YOU KEEP FEEDING, HOUSING, AND KEEPING ADDICTED PEOPLE, that like leaving sugar for ants!
Massive lotto pensions for themselves and their administrative buddies. IN SHORT. YOU KEEP VOTING FOR THESE NO-TALENT, EGO MANIAC, HOOKED ON POWER, TROUGH FEEDING IDIOTS. YOUR NEVER GOING TO FIX ANYTHING!
Tony couldn’t muster the vote due to his mediocre time on the council..runs in the footstep of Mary Rocha.( what is this Antioch shoots and ladders?)
feeds off the public trough at the school board cooling his heels, and now expects to get back on the city council? really dude? GROW A SPINE AND GET A REAL JOB!
STOP SUBSIDISING FOOLS. STOP VOTING FOR POLY-TICK-TIANS
SEND REAL CITIZENS WITH A PASSION TO GET ANTIOCH BACK ON ITS FEET!
“The definition of INSANITY is doing the same thing over and over and over again, expecting a diffrent result.” Albert Einstein.
Comments are closed.