On this episode, I chat Marie Arce who is running for Antioch City Council in District 3. We get into why she is running for city council which is improving economic development, cleaning up the city, keeping it safe and working on better taxpayer accountability with reporting.
- 00:58 – Introduction on who Marie Ace is and she provides a bio.
- 04:58 – We jump into the Antioch Unified School District and if the School Board and City Council can even work together.
- 06:40 – Marie explains whys he is running for Antioch City Council
- 8:45 – We talk about Antioch Economic Development and the closure of many businesses recently. Arce shares Antioch isn’t even collecting enough good data to make decisions or attract business. She talks about lack of outreach to local business from the city of Antioch. We also talk about the COVID-19 response. Marie is calling for an incubator program.
- 18:00 – Marie talks about the budget and taxpayer accountability (Measure C & Measure W), she asks where all the money is going. She highlights how residents are concerned with how money is being spent and do not trust the city council. She calls on better reporting that is easier for residents to understand.
- 22:58 – We discuss blight in the City of Antioch. We discuss property owners/business owners maintaining their properties and the spend on illegal dumping. We get into the Delta Fair Village Apartments.
- 33:18 – We discuss the homeless and thoughts on how Antioch has responded with their $1 million spend, homeless hotel, a homeless coordinator, etc. She calls for a regional approach.
- 39:25 – we discuss the Antioch Police Department and Marie is seeking body cameras for police. She applauds Chief Tammany Brooks on his community engagement. We also discuss the Antioch Protests. Marie says she would like to see 130-135 officers which is Chief Brooks recommendation. She didn’t think protesters should have gone to Mayor Sean Wrights business.
- 43:16 – We discuss specifically District 3 issues and Marie explains what she is hearing and the concerns they have within the District. It comes down to local business, jobs, and change. We talk about community pride and bringing it back.
- 52:35 – Marie highlights why voters should support her for Antioch City Council.
- 54:07 – Marie talks about the loss of her daughter to cancer, the response as a family and continue to live life. She talks about her damaged signs.
- 1:01:48 – How voters can get in touch with Marie Arce
- iTunes Direct Link: Click here
- Google Play Direct Link: Click here
- Spotify Direct Link: Click here
- Stitcher Direct Link: Click here
- Podbeam Direct Link: Click here
If you would like to be a potential guest, email [email protected] and explain why… this show is open to anyone in Contra Costa County.