On this episode, I chat with Sandra White who is a running for Antioch City Council in District 4. White is an Antioch Crime Commissioner who is running to support law enforcement and reduce crime. She also plans on focusing on Economic Development, and seeks ways to bring Antioch together. For more on Sandra, here is here campaign website.
- 00:45 – Intro about who is Sandra White
- 01:45 – Why did White get into the Antioch Crime Prevention Commission. I get into what happened to the Crime Prevention Commission and why the City Council is not promoting it as much as they used to.
- 06:20 – White explains the transition from being a Crime Prevention Commissioner to wanting to be on the Antioch City Council.
- 07:58 – White gives her reaction to the treatment of Mayor Sean Wright. We get into not being able to speak on a record or performance, one has to find ways to draw attention to other issues. White argues when you have a poor performance record, you have to find another item to run on, in this case, its race to distract people from city business.
- 13:49 – White explains what she believes the Antioch City Council neglected most. White highlights her vision for Deer Valley Plaza and Slatten Ranch areas.
- 19:25 – White explains there is no reason for the City Council to discuss the idea of opening the police substation at the community center to assist in cutting down on response times and have a police presence in Southeast Antioch to help citizens feel safer.
- 21:15 – White gets into the protest rhetoric right now against the Antioch Police Department and what she is hearing in the crime prevention commission meetings.
- 28:00 – We discuss School Resource Officers and where she stands on the issue. She talks about her experience working at Deer Valley High School and some of the things she saw on campus. She argues more SRO’s are needed than the six they are getting.
- 32:40 – White explains how ego’s need to be set aside so both the City of Antioch and Antioch Unified School District can work together.
- 34:50 – How do we begin to make Antioch a desirable place to be?
- 37:40 – We discuss the homeless and how to address it in the City of Antioch
- 43:50 – Why should voters support you?
- iTunes Direct Link: Click here
- Google Play Direct Link: Click here
- Spotify Direct Link: Click here
- Stitcher Direct Link: Click here
- Podbeam Direct Link: Click here
If you would like to be a potential guest, email [email protected] and explain why… this show is open to anyone in Contra Costa County.