In July, May’s announced its expended partnership with WHP Global to bring Toys R Us brand to every Macy’s store in America by this holiday season.
Beginning late July and rolling out through October 15th, the in-store shops will range from 1,000 sq. feet and span up to 10,000 sq. feet in flagship locations in Atlanta, Chicago, Honolulu, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York and San Francisco. The footprint of stores may flex up an additional 500 to 3,000 sq. feet during the holiday season to offer an even wider assortment of products.
As of August 5, there 21 locations were open in California, including in Walnut Creek.
- Shoppes At Carlsbad – Carlsbad
- Los Cerritos Center – Cerritos
- Chula Vista Center – Chula Vista
- Serramonte – Daly City
- Downey Stonewood Center – Downey
- North County Fair (Ca) – Escondido
- Fresno Fashion Fair – Fresno
- Shops At River Park – Fresno
- Montclair Plaza – Montclair
- Plaza Bonita – National City
- Antelope Valley – Palmdale
- Stanford (Ca) – Palo Alto
- San Bernardino Inland Center – San Bernardino
- Fashion Valley (Ca) – San Diego
- Oakridge (Ca) – San Jose
- Hillsdale (Ca) – San Mateo
- Santa Ana Mainplace – Santa Ana
- Stockton Sherwood – Stockton
- Visalia – Visalia
- Walnut Creek Broadway Plaza – Walnut Creek
- Westminster (Ca) – Westminster
The Toys“R”Us brand will come to life in-store with playful colored fixtures as well as hands-on demonstration tables for customers to interact with various toy assortments. The Toys“R”Us shops will also feature a life-size “Geoffrey on a Bench” photo opportunity for families. To celebrate the openings, all Macy’s stores will host nine days of in-store events, beginning October 15 through October 23, which will include family friendly activities and daily giveaways from brands like Barbie®, LEGO® and more.
Since last August, Macy’s customers have shopped the expansive assortment of Toys“R”Us products online exclusively at macys.com/toysrus and ToysRUs.com, powered by Macy’s digital and fulfillment ecosystem. In Macy’s reported earnings for the first quarter of 2022, toy sales were 15x higher than the comparable period prior to the Toys”R”Us partnership.
“Macy’s cannot wait to bring the Toys“R”Us experience to life in our stores,” said Nata Dvir, Macy’s chief merchandising officer. “We hope Toys”R”Us kids of all ages discover the joy of exploration and play within our shops and families create special memories together. The customer response to our partnership with Toys“R”Us has been incredible and our toy business has seen tremendous growth.”