- This event has passed.
63rd Annual Summer Festival
August 11 @ 12:00 pm - 8:30 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on Aug 11, 2019 at 12:00 pm
The JA Club Summer Festival is the annual fundraiser for the Japanese American Religious & Cultural Center (JARCC). It is a very popular and highly anticipated event for many in the community and elsewhere throughout the East Bay.
Admission is free. Free parking is also available at nearby Ygnacio Valley High School – along with free shuttle service to and from the school!
The Summer Festival is typically held the second weekend of August.
When and Where
- Saturday, August 10,2019 (1:00pm to 9:00pm)
- Sunday, August 11, 2019 (12noon to 8:30pm)
- Diablo Japanese American Club
- 3165 Treat Boulevard
- Concord, CA 94518
There are games for the kids. There are cultural performances, exhibits and demonstrations. And, of course, there is the food! Some of the things Festival visitors can enjoy include the following:
Performances and Demonstrations (see schedule)
- Obon and Classical Japanese Dance
- Ikebana Flower Arranging
- Ikebana Flower Arrangements
- Bonsai (miniature trees)
- Children’s Games
- Crafts Boutique
- Raffle Tickets
- Calligraphy (Japanese Characters)
Food and Beverage
- Homemade Bake Shop Items (cookies, pies, manju, etc.)
- Chicken Teriyaki Dinners
- Barbecued Beef Teriyaki Skewers
- Hot Dogs
- Shaved Ice
- Soda, Bottled Water, Beer