On Saturday, Sept. 15, the community is invited to taste a variety of beers as the Brentwood Chamber of Commerce is hosting its sixth annual Craft Beer Fest.
In total, 31 beers will be available for tasting during the fundraiser event that benefit local organizations. The event is from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the Brentwood Community Center located at 35 Oak Street.
Tickets are just $50 through Sept. 14 and are $60 at the door. Military, first responders and veterans can purchase their tickets for $40.
According to Jacquelyn Wright, festival co-chair, the chamber has made several tweaks to the event this year that they believe will add to the attendee experience.
“We are excited to have an expanded beer garden with an hour of live music prior to the event and food available before the libations start. Adding the element of food pairing from BJ’s is exciting. It is now more than just beer,” said Wright. “Based on demand of past events, we felt it was time to grow and up our game this year by taking it to the next level by adding more elements to go along with beer tasting.”
With an increase of around 30% more breweries in attendance and other features, the event was designed around user experience.
“The main room will only be breweries, which is set up for flow. We expanded the space to stretch out the event to focus on traffic flow and create a better experience for the attendees. We have also changed our glassware, our providing a brewery visit passport so people can provide the beers they would like to request at their local pubs,” explained Wright. “All these tweaks were based off past experience to create a better experience.”
As part of the event:
- Beer Paring: BJ’s Brewhouse will be hosting Beer Pairing cooking demonstrations in the festival kitchen. Limit of 30 people for each class, class participation included with your Beerfest ticket.
- Menu: Loaded Nachos with scratch queso paired with BJ’s Piranha Ale, Double Bone in pork chops with White Cheddar Mash paired with BJ’s Jeremiah Red Ale, Brewhouse Meatballs with White Cheddar Mash, Porter Mushroom gravy paired with BJ’s PM Porter.
- Home Brew Education Classes: Come learn how to make and serve your own personal brew at home. Learn how to create a dispensary for your home and what the right (and wrong!) ways to choose a brewing system.
- Home Brewing contest: It’s back! Sip on the suds of our local home brewing entries and vote which home brew is the best!
- Live entertainment by the 925 band throughout the event in an expanded beer garden starting ay 12:00
- Archie’s BBQ will be serving up smoked meat nachos, polish sausages, brats and more in the beer garden starting at 12:00
- Imperial Beer Café
- Sand Creek Pub
- Ghost Town
- Sierra Nevada
- Far West Cider
- Morgan Territory
- Mother Earth Brewing
- Del Cielo
- Lost Coast
- EJ Phair
- Shadow Puppet
- Belching Beaver
- BJ’s Brewhouse
- Track 7
- Bare Bottle
- Alameda Island
- Queen Shea Winery
- SLO Brewery
- INC 82
- Old Republic
- Hen House
- Ale Industries
- Dust Bowl
For more information about the Brentwood Chamber of Commerce, visit them online at www.brentwoodchamber.com