At 8:07 am Wednesday, the Antioch Police Department and Contra Costa County firefighters responded to a report of a residential structure fire in the 1400 block of Saint Francis Drive in the City of Antioch.
It was reported that a backpack was on fire and was full of gasoline, a gas can and a flare that had struck the home.
According to George Laing, Fire Prevention Captain, the backpack did strike a front window breaking the glass, but it did not enter the home. He noted that had the backpack entered the home, the incident would have ended up a completely different scenario.
No one was injured in the incident and Antioch Police are investigating.