Oakley: Elderly Female Airlifted to UC Davis With Burns From Electric Blanket

5

At 4:30 am Monday, East Contra Costa firefighters responded to the 2100 block of E Cypress Road in the City of Oakley for a report of a burn victim.

Engine 53 arrived on scene to locate an 87-year-old female with second and third degree burns on her back and arm from an electric blanket. Immediate medical care was provided where she was then transported to Iron House Elementary School by AMR and then transported by CALSTAR to Davis Medical Center.

There were no other injuries and no further information was provided.


5 COMMENTS

  1. I hope she will be alright. My mom was almost burned by an electric blanket starting on fire. She was sleeping on the sofa and it caught on fire. She was lucky that she could smell it burning and we were able to get the fire out.I don’t use electric blankets to this day and that was over 40 years ago

Comments are closed.