Contra Costa County Historical Society SCAN-A-THON
March 17 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Become a part of Contra Costa History! Bring your photographs, negatives, letters and oversized documents to the Scan-a-thon to be considered for possible inclusion into the County database.
Scanning technicians will help guests make archival digital scans, give a copy for guests to take home, and keep a copy for public access in CCC Historical Society’s digital archive. Volunteers will also take down names, dates and places to set each photo’s context, and provide this detail along with your digital images.
Over-sized documents as large as 16” x 24” and negatives up to 5” x 5” are easy to do with our large format scanner. We also specialize in fragile and delicate documents.
- Each registered guest will receive a 30 minute session with a trained scanning technician. Depending on the size, condition and type of document or artifact, plan for approximately 5-10 scans per 30 minute session.
- Additional time will be given to a guest if open time slots exist.
- Walk-ins will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Digital images can be saved as PDF’s, JPEG’s, or TIF files.
- Take home your digital images on a CCCHS 4GB USB flash drive for only $10.00!
- Tours of the archives will be made available throughout the day (subject to staff availability).
- $10.00 suggested donation at the door.
Photographs, documents, and letters contain invaluable clues to the history of Contra Costa County. Let our experts help preserve them.
Reserve your 30 minute session today!
Date: 03/17/2018 (Sat.) Location: CCC History Center, 724 Escobar Street, Martinez 925-229-1042 www.cocohistory.com
For more info and to sign up, click here.