The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District reported that in the month of June they had 613 service calls with an average response time of 7:45 minutes.
Within June, the District saw a decrease in both number of calls and response times as in May, the District ran 685 calls with a response time of 8:34 minutes. In calendar year 2016, the District has an average response time of 8:03 minutes.
During the month of June, the District responded to 7 structure fires, 32 vehicle crashes, and 6 vehicle accidents with rescue and 9 vegetation fires. Due to call volume, the District had zero engines available 9-times which totaled 4-hours and 18-minutes.
It’s anticipated response times will increase after Station 94 in Knightsen closed on July 1 leaving the District with a 3-station fire model.
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls For Service by Station in the month of May:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 33% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 252 times.
- Engine 93 (Oakley) ran 27% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 205 times.
- Engine 94 (Knightsen) ran 20% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 151 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 14% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 104 times.
- CALFIRE assisted in 1% of the calls for 5 rollouts.
- Auto Aid assisted in 5% of the calls for 35 rollouts
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 0 rollouts.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Bethel Island – 13:41Minutes
- Discovery Bay – 9:34 Minutes
- Marsh Creek – 9:22 Minutes
- Knightsen – 8:34 Minutes
- Brentwood – 7:10 minutes
- Oakley – 6:52 Minutes
In the month of June, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 12-times with them sending a total of 17 engines.