The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District reported that in the month of June they had 638 service calls with an average response time of 8:08 minutes.
In June, the District’s average response time was 7:45 minutes for 613 calls for service. In calendar year 2016, the District has an average response time of 8:03 minutes.
During the month of July, the District responded to 9 structure fires, 38 vehicle crashes, and 6 vehicle accidents with rescue and 22 vegetation fires. Due to call volume, the District had zero engines available 31-times which totaled 15-hours and 18-minutes. With lack of services available, the District received Mutual Aid from French Camp-McKinley Fire District (Mountain House).
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls For Service by Station in the month of July:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 40% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 316 times.
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 37% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 297 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 17% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 139 times.
- CALFIRE assisted in 2% of the calls for 15 roll outs.
- Auto Aid assisted in 3.5% of the calls for 28 roll outs
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0.5% of the calls for 1 roll out.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Bethel Island – 14:39 Minutes
- Marsh Creek – 13:59 Minutes
- Knightsen – 9:42 Minutes
- Discovery Bay – 9:24 Minutes
- Brentwood – 7:22 minutes
- Oakley – 7:21 Minutes
In the month of July, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 31-times with them sending a total of 71 engines with the District sending CONFIRE back engines 56 times for 86 engines.