The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District reported that in the month of December they had 732 service calls with an average response time of 8:10 minutes.
Within November the District ran 568 calls with a response time of 8:15 minutes. In calendar year 2016, the District has an average response time of 8:03 minutes.
During the month of December, the District responded to 5 structure fires, 1 commercial structure fire, 7 vehicle fires, 3 large vehicle fires, and 5 vegetation fires. The District also responded to 23 vehicle crashes, and 2 vehicle accidents with rescue. They also had 5 vehicle vs. pedestrian calls, 1 motorcycle crash, and 3 bicycle accidents.. The District was also able to participate in its second Mutual Aid Strike Team where it sent a team to Southern California.
Due to call volume, the District had zero engines available 14-times which totaled 2:33 hours. During
According to the District, here is a breakdown of the Calls For Service by Station in the month of December:
- Engine 52 (Brentwood) ran 39% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 343 times.
- Engine 53 (Oakley) ran 37% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 322 times.
- Engine 59 (Discovery Bay) ran 16% of the calls for service rolling out of the station 136 times.
- CALFIRE assisted in 3% of the calls for 25 rollouts.
- Auto Aid assisted in 5% of the calls for 49 rollouts
- Mutual Aid received assisted in 0% of the calls for 0 rollouts.
Average Response Time by Service Area:
- Bethel Island – 14:17 Minutes
- Discovery Bay/Byron – 15:37 Minutes
- Marsh Creek – 10:56 Minutes
- Knightsen – 9:00 Minutes
- Brentwood – 7:26 minutes
- Oakley – 7:03 Minutes
In the month of December, the District received auto aid from Contra Costa Fire 49-times with them sending a total of 72 engines. Meanwhile the District sent CONFIRE auto aid 26-times for 27 engines
For the full report and the January 8 Agenda, click here.