Why plan multiple stops at a variety of government offices for different services when the City and County can bring them to you in one convenient location? That’s the goal of the 2018 “Summer Block Party”, a collaboration between Contra Costa County, the City of Walnut Creek and a host of other local agencies that will partner on August 9 to provide on-the-spot government services after normal business hours. Residents will find a range of services available, from licensing pets to registering to vote.
Contra Costa County, the County Library and the City of Walnut Creek will co-host the event on Thursday, August 9, 2018, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Civic Park, 1375 Civic Drive, Walnut Creek.
“Offering such a variety of services all in one place is a great benefit to the community,” said County Librarian Melinda Cervantes. “We designed this event to be fun and full of information and opportunity.”
“We know that accessing government services and programs often means visiting many different locations, taking time out of our residents’ busy days,” said City Manager Dan Buckshi. “By making them available in one central location, we hope people will tap into programs and services they might not otherwise utilize.”
Available services at the Summer Block Party include the following, and many more:
- Animal licensing and vouchers for pet vaccinations
- Copies of vital records
- Library card signups
- Registration for fall arts and recreation events in the City
- Job training and volunteer opportunities and information
- Registration for free benefits, including CalFresh and Medi-Cal
- Foster parent applications
- Veterans benefit registration
- Voter registration
- Ticket sales for Lesher Center events
- Child ID kits
- Information about energy efficiency programs and rebates
For more information, please call the Contra Costa County Library at 925-608-7713. For parking availability near the Park, visit the City’s parking website.