The City of Brentwood Military/Veteran Banner Program has been established to honor and
recognize active duty military personnel or military veterans that reside in, or have immediate
family living in the City of Brentwood.
Military/Veteran Banners will display the official military photo of the service member or veteran, as well as their name, rank, and branch of the United States Armed Forces.
To qualify for the Military/Veteran Banner Program, the following criteria must be met:
- The honoree is an active duty member or military veteran (Honorably Discharged) of the
United States Armed Forces
- The honoree must be a current resident of Brentwood or have immediate family members that reside in the city of Brentwood
- Must complete and qualify per application
Applications will be accepted during an open application period in January. Banners will be designed and raised in the order that applications are received and approved, and upon space
Applications must include:
- verification of military status (see note below)
- proof of residency (copy of current water bill and copy of current PG&E bill)
- an official military photo of the honoree (photo must be high resolution – 150 dpi at
100% and must be sent electronically; no hardcopy photos will be accepted)
To verify active military status, please visit the Department of Defense website and submit a copy of the verification page with your application. If a military veteran, please include a copy of the Veteran’s DD214.
Military/Veteran Banners will be installed and exhibited at Veterans Park between Memorial
Day and Veterans Day (May – November). At the end of the exhibition period, banners will be
presented to the honoree (or applicant) at a future City Council meeting.
1 – 24” x 48”picture banner, (made of high quality, UV protected material) – $50 per banner
(Installation, mounting and display hardware will be provided at no additional cost). Payment will be required only after application has been formally approved.
For more information, please contact Peggy Berglund, at 925-516-5187, or by email at