Brentwood: Microwave Oven Malfunction Causes Kitchen Fire, Displaces Four

1
File Photo

On Friday at 3:51 pm, East Contra Costa Fire Protection District firefighters responded to a report of kitchen fire in the 800 block of Dainty Ave.

Brentwood Police were first on scene and reported a home was charged with smoke.

Battalion Chief 5 arrived on scene to locate smoke coming from the front door of the two story home with all occupants out.  Firefighters made access to the kitchen where they located a kitchen fire and extinguished the flames and checked for extensions.

The American Red Cross was contracted to assist four individuals who were displaced by the fire.

According to Battalion Chief Jake Gonzalez, the home sustained heavy to moderate fire damage in the kitchen area of the residence with moderate smoke damage to the second floor areas of the residence.

Gonzalez added the fire appears to have been accidental due to a malfunction of the microwave oven.

No injuries were reported.

SHARE

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here