Assemblymember Jim Frazier (D-Discovery Bay), the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) and Discovery Bay Chamber of Commerce invite you to participate in a special small business workshop on American Disability Act compliance and resources.
The purpose of the workshop is to help local small business owners better understand ADA compliance requirements and the various programs and services from the state of California that are available to help business owners.
The workshop features a panel presentation moderated by California Small Business Advocate Jesse Torres and leadership from the California Commission on Disability Access, the California Division of State Architects, and the CA State Treasurers Office.
- Thursday, August 9, 2018
- 10:30AM – 12:30PM
- Discovery Bay Steakhouse Sports Bar & Grill – 2477 Discovery Bay Blvd., Discovery Bay, CA 94505
- 10:30AM Registration/Networking
- 11:00AM Welcome
- 11:05AM Panel Presentation
- Jesse Torres (Moderator), California Small Business Advocate, Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development
- Angela Jemmot, Executive Director, CA Commission on Disability Access
- Renee Webster-Hawkins, Executive Director, CA Pollution Control Financing Authority, CA State Treasurer’s Office
- Debbie Wong, Senior Architect, Department of General Services, Division of the State Architect
- 11:45AM Panel Q&A
- Noon Closing & Individual Questions
Complimentary registration: https://bit.ly/2AvCVRc
The California State Assembly will generally, upon request, provide appropriate aids and services leading to effective communication for qualified persons with disabilities so they can participate equally in the California State Assembly’s programs, services, and activities. Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication, should contact the Assembly ADA Coordinator as soon as possible but no later than three (3) business days before an event. Please direct requests relating to the accessibility of facilities or effective communication to the Assembly ADA Coordinator via:
Email: [email protected]
Address: Assembly Committee on Rules State Capitol, Room 3016, Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 319-2800