The City of Antioch, in conjunction with the Bay Area Affordable Homeownership Alliance (BAAHA), is launching a substantive homeownership program. The formal launch event introducing the Antioch Home Ownership Program (AHOP) will take place at Antioch City Hall on Saturday, March 24th at 10:00 AM.
Antioch home buyers who previously may have not had the motivation or capacity to buy a home will now have access to resources and services to become homeowners. AHOP will provide assistance to home buyers by:
- Delivering access to a significant array of home buyer assistance subsidies; providing up to $45,000 for eligible AHOP home buyers
- Advocating and delivering financial literacy to the community through financial and home buyer education and counseling
- Working closely with Antioch employers and civic organizations to promote and deliver home ownership to their employees and affiliates.
- Utilizing the support services of local real estate professionals
- Promoting the support from investor owners to provide a leg up to allow AHOP home buyers an opportunity to become homeowners.
Walter Zhovreboff, the Administrative Director of BAAHA noted “Antioch has a perfect blend of elements that further assure the success of AHOP”. These elements include and are not limited to:
- The Antioch Real Estate Market – the median price for the 1,152 one to four bedroom homes that sold in Antioch in 2017 was $418,000. Approximately 90% of the homes sold were accessible to be purchased by 80% (low income) households. The cost of ownership for these homes in most cases would have been the same or lower than the average current rents in Antioch.
- The will of the community – AHOP was unanimously supported and funded by City Council. Employers, civic organizations, real estate professionals, and the community have all expressed and demonstrated a strong interest and will to advance and support AHOP strategies and objectives.
- Strong Partners – AHOP is comprised of substantive partners, including and not limited to: BALANCE, Guild Mortgage, Fannie Mae, Federal Home Loan Bank & Mechanics Bank, Delta Association of Realtors, Contra Costa Housing Authority, and others.
We are urging homebuyers, realtors, employers, civic leaders, homeowner and interested members of the community to attend the AHOP Launch Event. The event will be taking place on Saturday, March 24th from 10:00am to 12:00pm at the City of Antioch City Council Chambers located at 200 H. Street Antioch CA.
Program Partners and City Officials will be present and speaking at the launch.
The launch will provide additional information on the structure, mechanics, services, and resources that AHOP will be providing to homebuyers and to the Community.
Please register if you plan to attend the launch at www.myhomegateway.com/AHOP.
For additional information about AHOP contact BAAHA at AHOP.myhomegateway.com or at (800) 480-9020 x556.