According to AAA, Gas prices are on the move, reaching an average price of $2.33 per gallon for regular unleaded gasoline.
Today’s price is four cents more than a week ago, one cent more compared to one month ago and 27 cents more than the same date last year. National gas prices have increased six of the last seven days. Although the increase in prices has been moderate, it is possible this trend could continue as refinery maintenance wraps up, more expensive summer-blend gasoline becomes available and driving demand increases this spring.
Gas prices on the West Coast remain the highest in the country, with six states in the region topping the list of most expensive U.S. markets: Hawaii ($3.05), California ($2.98), Washington ($2.86), Alaska ($2.78), Oregon ($2.72) and Nevada ($2.66). Prices in the Northwest and California will continue to rise in the coming weeks due to refinery maintenance.
BP started planned maintenance at its 236,000-b/d Cherry Point refinery in Ferndale, Washington, last week, while PBF Energy restarted the hydrotreater unit at its 157,800-b/d refinery in Torrance, California, due to unplanned flaring last Monday. This week, the refinery begins major maintenance work which is expected to last 45-55 days and will likely tighten supply and increase California gas prices. Today, BP is also shutting down operations on its Olympic Pipeline until April 10 for planned maintenance. The shutdown will temporarily impact shipments of gasoline in the northern part of the region.
According to Gas Buddy, here are current prices around the Contra Costa County:
- $2.53 at Costco (Verne Roberts Circle
- $2.75 at Arco (Contra Loma & Bucannon)
- $2.79 at Sinclair (Lone Tree & Clayburn)
- $2.53 at Arco (Balfour & John Muir)
- $2.53 at Arco (Lone Tree & Empire)
- $2.59 at Quik Stop (Walnut & Dainty)
- $2.49 at Costco (Monument Blvd)
- $2.49 at Arco (Willow Pass & Farm Bureau Rd)
- $2.53 at Bonfare (Grant St. & Solano)
- $2.53 at Safeway (CA-4 & Bixler)
- $2.69 at 5 Star (Pacheco Blvd & De Normandie Way)
- $2.75 at US Gas (Alhambra Ave & J St.)
- $2.81 at Valero (Alhambra & Walnut Ave
- $2.49 at Arco (Main St & W. Cypress)
- $2.53 at Arco (Brigehead & Main St.)
- $3.09 at Shell (Bridgehead & Main St)
- $2.49 at Arco (W Leland & San Marco)
- $2.59 at Arco (E Leland & Loveridge)
- $2.59 at Bonfare (Railroad & Marks)
- $2.79 at Safeway (Bollinger Canyon & Wedgewood)
- $2.89 at Valero (Market Pl & Bollinger Canyon)
- $2.94 at Exxon (San Ramon Blvd & Purdue)